Sunday, November 22, 2020

The Feast of The Good Shepherd, of The Servant Leader.

Just a few thoughts

·         As I have grown older I have been less and less enthused by the tenor of this feast of Christ The King.

·         I understand that Christ the King Sunday was first introduced 1925.
After World War I the politicians of the world were telling Christians that they should and must compartmentalize their religion and give their highest allegiance to the government.

So, as a response, Christ the King Sunday was introduced, reminding the Church worldwide that there is only one true king,

·         When my family became Australian citizens the procedure required us to deny loyalty to our native monarch and declare loyalty to the monarch of Great Britain in order to qualify as Australians!

·         Chris was not a “king of this world”! He said so.

My Reflection

Ø  “I am the good shepherd… And I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice.”

History records plenty of examples of leaders whose interests were focused on themselves at the expense and exploitation of the people they served — often those who were weak, young, and vulnerable.

The false leadership of self-serving shepherds creates a space where only the fittest survive and only the richest thrive.

Servant leadership of self-giving shepherds creates a society based on justice and love. Such leadership comes from God, through the life of Jesus Christ, who is both the good shepherd and the sacrificial lamb.

What Kind Of Leadership Do We Serve?

Do we truly know our Shepherd’s voice?
Do we live in a place where exploitation of the weak is permissible, negligence towards the poor is acceptable, and apathy towards the stranger and the sick is normalized?

The Parish Choir members are saying ‘Hello’

¯ The Lord's my shepherd

¯ The Servant Song

¯ What Do You Want Of Me O Lord

                                         


                                                





No comments:

Post a Comment