Thursday, July 23, 2020

"Why do you speak to them in parables?"


Good morning Tranmere Community.
Ø  Parables - Many, many years ago I went on a retreat that challenged me greatly. But one thing I have taken from it and continue to try and put into practice is the call to “Pray, Study, Action”. It is a challenge!
It has been explained to me as follows:- Prayer and meditation provides a pathway;  Study illuminates and clarifies that pathway;  Action is what our conscience drives us towards.
The parables can be like cryptic crosswords  [I hate them] 
Do they demand that you think more deeply without necessarily leading to a single specific lesson or truth?
Do they demand that you listen and watch with deep attention, so that a pathway becomes more clearly defined in your life experiences?
Sursum Corda!
ü  Josie tells me her daughter, Lauren, now living in Clare told her she saw Helen and Alan Tyson on the news the night before last.  Lauren said, "They have hardly changed in 25 years" and she's right!
Reflection
“When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.”
Abraham Joshua Heschel
Modern Heroes - Sister Leonella Sgorbati
The Parish Choir members are saying ‘Hello’.
On Sunday the Offertory hymn will be - O Breathe On Me, Breath of God.  Please do sing along with this version. We need a joyfully singing congregation! We really do if we are celebrating a Eucharistic feast!
Climb Ev'ry Mountain - Shirley Bassey
Dave Brubeck - Take Five
Boredom busters
Of course we have all been exercising every day, haven’t we?
We all know we should, because it is good

No comments:

Post a Comment