Thursday, January 28, 2021

We all need to “see the light.”

Just a few thoughts

·         Today is the feast of St Thomas Acquinas. Here is a brief outline of his life

·         Many, many years ago, while at Rostrevor College, we students went on a retreat at the Glen Osmond Monastery. I learnt about St Thomas and got a “pocket edition” of his “Summa Theologiae”. I read all of it!

·         Today I learnt that he did not actually finish writing his book……
He stopped work on it after celebrating Mass on December 6, 1273. When asked why he stopped writing, he replied, “I cannot go on…. All that I have written seems to me like so much straw compared to what I have seen and what has been revealed to me.” He died March 7, 1274.

·         A couple of his quotes:
“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”

“The things that we love tell us what we are.”

Reflection.

ü There is nothing hidden that will not become visible, and nothing secret that will not be known and come to light.

The Signs Of The Times

Ø  A Liberating Theology  --  Fr Richard Rohr

Ø  God Cannot Tell A Lie  --  Fr Ron Rolheiser

Musical Reflection

¯ Thy Word  --  Maranatha Singers

¯ This Little Light Of Mine  --  Odetta

No comments:

Post a Comment