Tuesday, January 24, 2023

To be a Christian is to enter into a new family, a larger family, where everyone must be seen as a brother or a sister.

Just a few thoughts

·       "The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours -- it is an amazing journey -- and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins." -- Bob Moawad

·       May the members our of own families be blessed this day.

·       I was surprised and taken aback when I realised that our parish was not celebrating a special Australia Day Mass. In this year of a referendum about The Voice of Indigenous Peoples in our constitution it would seem to  have been a very special occasion.

Reflections

ü Invited to be Brothers and Sisters of Jesus

ü The older I get, the less confident, in some ways, I am becoming. I don't always know whether I'm following Christ properly or even know exactly what it means to follow Christ, and so I stake my faith on an invitation that Jesus left us on the night before he died: To break bread and drink wine in his memory and to trust that this, if all else is uncertain, is what we should be doing while we wait for him to return. -- Ron Rolheiser

The Signs Of The Times

Ø Australia risks UN blacklisting after failing to meet prison obligations

Ø O Blessed Bus! – A great story from USA

Musical Reflection

¯  Nearer, My God, to Thee

¯  We Are the Light of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment