Saturday, September 27, 2008

Social Justice Sunday

I came across a weblog from Steve Goodier that contained some interesting quotes that, I feel, are very appropriate for this Social Justice Sunday.

Someone asked the comic, Flip Wilson, about his religion. He answered, "I am a Jehovah's Bystander."
"A Jehovah's Bystander?" remarked his friend. "I never heard of a Jehovah's Bystander."
Flip said, "Well, they asked me to be a witness, but I didn't want to get involved."

Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edward Everett Hale: "I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something, and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

No comments:

Post a Comment